Two temporary crew members working a recent stop on the Weeknd's Starboy: Legend of the Fall Tour have been accused of rape. Police sources told TMZ Tuesday that a woman filed a report with Ohio State University officers alleging she was raped following the Sept. 19 show at the Jerome Schottenstein Center in Columbus. The Weeknd was not involved and had already left the premises at the time of the alleged assault.
The report, according to TMZ, was filed Sept. 20 and alleges that the woman was raped "in a backstage area" by the two men. The attack was possibly recorded, sources added. Police said the "weapons" used during the alleged assault included hands, feet, and teeth. All involved parties were reportedly intoxicated at the time.
Touring productions routinely employ temporary crew members for each stop. The two men accused of rape, though hired to work the Weeknd’s Columbus stop, are not connected with the XO co-founder's usual team.
In a joint statement to TMZ Tuesday, XO and Live Nation confirmed the two men had been fired. "Upon learning of the accusations that two members of our tour staff are facing, we immediately terminated their employment," the statement said. "We are working with the authorities to ensure they have access to any information or assistance they may need."
The Weeknd's Starboy: Legend of the Fall Tour will continue hitting arenas across North America through November. The production then heads overseas for a run of Australia dates.
Reps for Live Nation did not immediately respond to Complex's request for comment. The incident remains under investigation.