The Fyre Festival fun continues. On Monday, ABC News reported that lawyer Mark Geragos had filed a $100 million proposed class action lawsuit against the botched Bahamas music festival's organizers. The suit, filed Sunday, claims the festival was "nothing more than a get-rich-quick scam from the very beginning." Geragos has previously represented Michael Jackson, Chris Brown, and Winona Ryder.
Geragos' suit against Ja Rule, Billy McFarland, and Fyre Media seeks damages of at least $100 million on behalf of Daniel Jung and other attendees. According to the suit, Fyre Fest's lack of "adequate food, water, shelter, and medical care" contributed to a dangerous situation in which attendees were "stranded" on a remote island. As for the island itself, the Wrap reported that the suit disputes the fest's claims of the event taking place on an island previously owned by Pablo Escobar. Festival organizers are accused in the suit of breach of contract, fraud, breach of covenant of good faith, and negligent misrepresentation.
In a tweeted statement Friday, Ja Rule said he was "heartbroken" and pushed back against the "scam" claims. "I truly apologize as this is NOT MY FAULT," he said. "But I'm taking responsibility."
In a separate statement to Rolling Stone, McFarland announced make-up dates for Fyre Fest for May 2018 and vowed that anyone who signed up for the inaugural event would be able to attend free of charge. "Today is definitely the toughest day of my life," McFarland said.