Stalker Arrested After Texting Man 65,000 Times and Breaking Into House for a Bath

The woman and the man met through an internet dating site.

Arizona police on patrol

Image via Getty/Scott Olson

Arizona police on patrol

A woman in Arizona has been arrested and accused of stalking after reportedly sending 65,000 texts to a man to meet online, and for breaking into his home.

Jacqueline Ades allegedly sent the text messages over the span of a several months, even sending him 500 texts a day, per court documents acquired by Phoenix affiliate ABC 15.

The 31-year-old woman and the man—whose name has not been revealed—met through an internet dating site and went on a date in 2017, according to ABC 15. The stalking started afterward.

The Paradise Valley Police Department revealed that between July 2017 and May 2018, they were called four times regarding Ades either visiting the man’s home or his business. This April, the man even called the police to tell them that she had broken into his home when he was out of the country, and he had caught it on surveillance video.

According to ABC News, the police news release stated that, “When officers arrived, they found Ades in the residence taking a bath.” A butcher knife was also discovered in the front seat of her car during that incident.

Ades was then taken into custody and charged with felony trespass to a residence. But after she was released, she reportedly continued to harass the man, allegedly sending him alarming text messages, “indicating that harm may come” to him, the police shared.

"Don’t ever try to leave me ... I’ll kill you ... I don't wanna be a murderer," she wrote in another text message, according to ABC 15.

On May 4, Ades visited the man’s business again, and the police were told she was “acting irrationally and claiming to be the wife of the owner.” When the police approached her, she told the police, “she was married to the owner.” She was then taken into custody on May 8 and accused of felony charges of stalking, threatening, and intimidation, and a misdemeanor count of harassment. She also faces a failure to appear warrant since she missed her court date for the April trespassing charge.

ABC 15 indicated that court paperwork states that Ades reportedly conceded that her comments to the man were “crazy” and she told police that it wasn't her intention to hurt the man.

Latest in Life