A manager of a Massachusetts Buffalo Wild Wings died Thursday after being exposed to a "common" cleaning product inside the restaurant. 

Interim Burlington Fire Chief Michael Patterson has identified the victim as Ryan Baldera, a 32-year-old husband and father from Lawrence, Massachusetts.

Per the fire department's press release:

At 5:36 p.m. Thursday, the Burlington Fire Department responded to Buffalo Wild Wings, 15 South Ave. for a report of a chemical reaction in the kitchen area. Upon arrival, firefighters evacuated the building and provided aid to an employee who had fallen ill after inhaling fumes.

Baldera was immediately transported to Lahey Hospital and Medical Center in serious condition. He was pronounced dead shortly after his arrival.

According to the fire department, a Buffalo Wild Wings employee was attempting to clean the floor with a mixture of an acid-based cleaner called Scale Kleen and a chlorine bleach-based agent called Super 8. Though Patterson described the latter as a "common product used in floor cleaning," he said said the mixture of the two substances created toxic fumes.

CNN reports the employee who applied the substances became so overwhelmed by the fumes he/she had to leave the building before the cleaning was completed. Baldera then attempted to squeegee the chemicals out of the restaurant, but quickly fell ill. 

Officials say 11 other employees and two patrons were also hospitalized after being exposed. The patients, who experienced symptoms like difficulty breathing and a burning eye sensation, have since been released. 

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is reportedly investigating the incident.

"We are shocked and saddened to learn of this tragic accident at our franchise-owned sports bar and are working closely with our franchisee and the authorities while they conduct an investigation," a Buffalo Wild Wings spokesperson told CNN. "Because the investigation is ongoing, we are unable to share any additional comment at this time. Any further questions will need to be referred to the local authorities."