ComplexCon returns to Long Beach Nov. 6 - 7 with hosts J. Balvin and Kristen Noel Crawley, performances by A$AP Rocky and Turnstile, and more shopping and drops.
Secure your spot while tickets last!
The annual Frieze art fair announced its full list of New York exhibitors last month, and now they’ve shed light on another aspect of the third New York City iteration of the fair: seven artists will create site-specific installations for the event. Here’s a brief breakdown:
- Eduardo Basualdo will build two soccer goals encased in glass.
- Eva Kotátková will erect a jungle gym.
- Marie Lorenz will ferry fairgoers around the island on a boat.
- Naama Tsabar will stage a miniature music festival.
- Darren Bader will “stage a series of absurdist interventions” and “compile a list of proposals for impossible artworks around the fairgrounds.”
- Koki Tanaka will “invite representatives from local communities to share their experiences and life-stories.”
- Cecillia Alemani, the fair’s curator, will stage a version of Allen Ruppersberg’s 1971 piece, Al's Grand Hotel. Fairgoers will be allowed to check in and stay the night at the pop-up hotel project.
Sounds like a regular art-lover’s playground. Stay tuned for more Frieze news.