UPDATED 3/3, 11:30 p.m. ET:  Spike Lee appeared on First Take, Tuesday, where he explained what happened at MSG last night. 

Lee then said that he believes he's being personally "harassed" by Knicks owner James Dolan. 

He also said he was "done" watching the Knicks at MSG this season. "I'm coming back next year, but I'm done for the season," Lee explained. "I'm done."

The Knicks meanwhile, released a statement following Lee's appearance. 

The team says that Lee has repeatedly been asked not to use the arena's employee entrance, and has been instead directed to the VIP entrance. The Knicks also provided a photo of Lee and Dolan shaking hands after according to them, Lee agreed to that request. 

See original story below. 
 

Despite what you may have seen or heard, Spike Lee was not denied entry into Madison Square Garden for Monday's game between the New York Knicks and Houston Rockets

While the above video does show some sort of dispute involving Spike at an MSG entrance, it appears that what we were seeing was a disagreement over which entrance he could use. 

Doubt arose over the validity of the claim that Spike was denied entry into MSG when he was seen sitting courtside. 

ESPN's Ian Begley wouldn't speculate on what transpired between Spike and MSG security in the video, but the sight of Spike in his usual courtside seat was proof that he wasn't kicked out as previously suspected.

According to Brian Mahoney of The Associated Press, Spike spoke with Knicks owner Jim Dolan at halftime about the issue that arose where he allegedly tried to enter through the wrong entrance—the employee entrance. 

This post will be updated. 

Also Watch