There was a lot of excitement after it was announced that Lamar Odom would be playing in the BIG3. Unfortunately, Odom's stint in the league didn't live up to the hype, after Ice Cube released him from the league before his first season was over. Still, Odom says he has no beef with the BIG3.

"I guess it was miscommunication, but it's over," Odom said when TMZ asked what led to his departure from the BIG3. "I wish them well, all the success. And blessings to Ice Cube and anyone that has anything to do with the BIG3. And I hope the Enemies win."

In July, the BIG3 put out a statement explaining that they were releasing a host of players including Odom, Jermaine O'Neal, Bonzi Wells and Baron Davis. Initially, this rubbed Odom the wrong way. Upon hearing the news, Odom took to Instagram where he claimed he heard about his release via TMZ and not from the league.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

As most of you have heard, the @thebig3 decided to deactivate me for the remainder of the 2019 season. I respect @icecube & the other league executives, however, I am extremely disappointed with the way that this has been handled. Besides the embarrassment, it’s disappointing to read on IG that this decision had been made, especially without sharing it with myself or my manager. Only after I heard from the media, I was then told that the big boys cutting checks decided that they had to deactivate me with no real specific explanation. TMZ apparently did manage to get a clear answer from Ice Cube, “my health was their concern.” I have been 100% transparent about my condition before signing the contract, but at that point it wasn't an issue. I was told after game #1 that I had been given extra time to get stronger. I have been working hard daily to get in better game shape. The willingness & intent has always been there to play. The Rhode Island game that is happening tomorrow was the game I have been looking forward to the most as many people know that this is where it all started for me. I am aware that at some point in life we have to accept & surrender to what God has planned or not planned for us — so I am staying positive. I worked very hard to make a comeback in my life & no rejection can stop me. Thank you @TheBig3. I would love for you all not to express any negativity towards the Big3 as I am proud & rooting hard for Ice Cube to build this league to the next level. He is the only black male owning a sports league in the USA, just let that one sink in for a moment. We must always think about the big picture, supporting our brothers & sisters. Let's all be open to live with the concept of feedback because this can help us to improve. I hope that we can use this situation as a lesson to grow, heal and become better people. I salute all of you, thank you for the love & energy. S/O to Ed Brown for letting me wear his jersey for the Slam photoshoot. Much love! -Lamar. #GO #TEAM #ENEMIES !

A post shared by Lamar Odom (@lamarodom) on Jul 12, 2019 at 9:24am PDT

This prompted Ice Cube and the BIG3 to respond by saying they reached out to Odom's team multiple times before going public with the information. Ice Cube has stated on multiple occasions that Odom being out of shape and other health concerns led to his exit. Yet, in Odom's Instagram post, he claims his was "100 percent transparent" about his condition before signing with the league. 

Despite only playing one game in the league, Odom is determined to continue playing professional basketball. Shortly after being released, Lamar told TMZ that he's looking into returning to the Philippines to continue his career.