You might know PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) from your fourth grade jerk-stash, or perhaps from time to time you hear about Lohan getting doused in flour. What you may not know though, is that the people who work in PETA's marketing department are fucking crazy, and will do anything for a little promotion and press. The most recent PETA stint is a formal request to the U.K. music group Pet Shop Boys, asking them to change the name of the band. The Pet Shop Boys just released its 10th album and has been around since the early 80s, but because pet shops promote cruelty to animals, PETA hopes they'll consider a name change.
We are all for the reduction of needless harm to animals, but sometimes this stuff is just lame. Hit the jump to see PETA's most ridiculous infractions against normalcy, from suggesting women start getting milked for ice cream to asking the wrong Kardashian sister to take her clothes off...
PETA LAUNCHES THE SEAKITTENS CAMPAIGN
• PETA's Sea Kittens campaign launched at the start of 2009 with a website and online book that "Wants to change the image of fish as slimy and slithery creatures by claiming they are similar to cuter, more popular animals." Would people think twice about ordering fish sticks if they were called sea kitten sticks?" Um...no. That's dumb.
PETA HIRES THE OTHER KARDASHIAN
• The world is full of beautiful women, many of them who are willing to take their clothes off, and some who will even take their clothes off for a cause, like PETA. The world also happens to be filled with two very attractive sisters: Kourtney and Kim Kardashian, both ladies that we would like to see naked. Nothing makes us want to don fur MORE than the other sister, Khloe, who the organization got to model. Dear PETA: FAIL.
PETA CLAIMS MAKING YOUR KID EAT MEAT IS CHILD ABUSE
• Yo, Photoshopping this kid's head is child abuse. He's gonna see this every day on the bus when he goes to school, get made fun of, and possibly go crazy a la Star Wars Kid. Hamburgers are awesome. Leave fat kids alone, they make everyone else look better anyway.
PETA CLAIMS EATING MEAT HURTS YOUR MANHOOD
• Riiiiiight. Thanks for the suggestive photo of the pinup and all, but insulting guys who like steak, or suggesting to their wives that they're bad in bed isn't gonna help when it comes to law-making time. Buy some stock in Boca burger and wait this one out.
BEN & JERRY'S SONS PETA
• Last September, PETA sends this letter to Ben and Jerry asking them to switch from dairy milk to breast milk. Ben and Jerry tell PETA to go fuck themselves and go book a two week-long hunting trip. These dudes live in Vermont, and use milk. Leave them alone.
BONUS: PETA DOES SOMETHING AWESOME
• Unfortunately this ad was banned from the Super Bowl, but yeah, we could eat at one of those hippy spots once in a while if that meant these ladies were going to be there. Sex sells! Congratulations PETA marketing team, you guys are awesome.