More than a dozen people were hospitalized Saturday night after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning at a hotel in Ohio.
CNN reports 13 people were transported to local hospitals after breathing in carbon monoxide near the swimming pool at the Hampton Inn in Marysville, OH. According to Melanie Ziegler, VP of Community Engagement for Memorial Health, seven patients— two of which are in critical condition—have been sent to premium care facilities.
Police received a 911 call on Saturday at about 5:30 p.m regarding a two-year-old girl who had either fallen into the pool or was found unconscious.
“Shortly after this call, the local 911 Center received additional calls (referencing) unconscious subjects in and around the pool area,” Police Chief Tony Brooks told CNN via email. “Others described symptoms such as dizziness and a burning in their throat.”
The source of the suspected carbon monoxide remains unclear, Marysville Fire Chief Jay Riley reports.
“We did have life threatening levels of carbon monoxide in the pool area of the hotel and we transported several people to local hospitals,” Riley told CNN. “We continue the investigation into the source and (are) glad that no one died as a result of their exposure.”