ComplexCon returns to Long Beach Nov. 6 - 7 with hosts J. Balvin and Kristen Noel Crawley, performances by A$AP Rocky and Turnstile, and more shopping and drops.
Secure your spot while tickets last!
In December of last year, a wholesome couple exhibited Drake-level good will by creating a GoFundMe for a homeless man that generated $400,000. The act of kindness wasn’t random, but rather a grateful response to John Bobbitt using his last $20 to help a stranded woman get gas.
Less than a year later, all that money is nowhere to be found. According to Philadelphia’s ABC affiliate WPVI, Bobbitt’s attorney says the money raised in his client’s name is nowhere to be found, with little known about its possible whereabouts.
The couple who raised the money, Kate McClure and Mark D'Amico were ordered to turn over any remaining money by last Friday, but have yet to cough it up. They are also being ordered to provide a full account of the funds, $360,000 after GoFundMe’s fees, within 10 days.
Bobbitt’s attorney Chris Fallon claims his client only received $75,000 of the total money donated, but the defense disputes this, saying he actually got $200,000. Either way, there’s money missing.
"I always felt like I was in a weird situation. I didn't want to be pressuring to get a lawyer or do anything because I didn't want to seem ungrateful," Bobbit said in an interview last week, after explaining that the couple had complete control over the crowdfunded money raised for him.
The house and trusts promised to Bobbitt on the original GoFundMe page never came to fruition, and skeptics point to the couple’s fabulous vacations and designer items shared on social media as a red flag. The couple has denied spending any of the money.