Key Takeaways
- Kim Zolciak called the allegations against her 15-year-old son, Kroy “KJ” Biermann Jr., “reckless and deeply troubling,” saying he denies the accusations and passed a polygraph test.
- Police arrested KJ on aggravated sodomy and aggravated sexual battery charges after a 15-year-old classmate accused him of assaulting her at an Alpharetta, Georgia, gym in April.
- Attorney Jason Sheffield called KJ “100 percent innocent” and criticized his detention without bond as the teenager remains at the Metro Regional Youth Detention Center.
Kim Zolciak is forcefully defending her 15-year-old son, Kroy “KJ” Biermann Jr., following his arrest on aggravated sodomy and aggravated sexual battery charges. The Real Housewives of Atlanta alum broke her silence in an Aug. 21 statement, calling the allegations against the teenager “reckless and deeply troubling” while urging the public not to treat an accusation as proof of guilt.
“The allegations being made against my son are nothing short of reckless and deeply troubling,” Zolciak told E! News. “He categorically denies ever being involved with this woman or engaging in the conduct she has alleged.”
Zolciak also claimed KJ voluntarily took and passed a polygraph examination and noted that investigators reportedly found no male DNA following the alleged incident. The Alpharetta Police Department had not publicly responded to those assertions.
KJ was arrested in Alpharetta, Georgia, on August 17 over an alleged April 23 encounter at a Life Time Fitness gym. According to court documents, a 15-year-old female classmate accused him of sexually assaulting her in a changing area near the facility’s family locker room.
The girl alleged KJ kissed and groped her without consent before forcing oral sex and digitally penetrating her despite her repeatedly saying no. She was later examined at North Fulton Hospital, and surveillance footage reportedly confirmed KJ had been inside the gym that day. He is being held without bond at the Metro Regional Youth Detention Center.
Zolciak said sexual assault claims must be investigated seriously but argued that the same standard should apply before publicly condemning the accused. “False accusations can have devastating consequences not only for the person being accused, but also for genuine survivors of sexual assault and abuse,” she said. “Every legitimate allegation deserves to be taken seriously and investigated based on the facts and evidence.”
She added that the family remains confident “the facts and evidence will establish the truth.”
KJ’s attorney, Jason Sheffield, went further, declaring that his client is “100 percent innocent.”
Sheffield criticized the decision to arrest the teenager and hold him without bond, claiming the outcome could have been different if the investigating officer had spoken with him first. “The fact that he’s been arrested and is being held without bond is a tragedy,” the attorney said. “He is not only presumed innocent, but is in fact, innocent.”
Sheffield pledged to challenge what he described as the “mean-spirited nature” of the allegations while asking the public to respect both families’ privacy.
Kim and former NFL player Kroy Biermann have been involved in a contentious divorce and custody dispute since 2023, with a judge reportedly granting Kroy primary physical custody of their four youngest children in May.
KJ, a high school defensive lineman, grew up before Bravo cameras through Kim’s original run on The Real Housewives of Atlanta and the family’s eight-season spinoff, Don’t Be Tardy.
If you or someone you know has experienced sexual assault, confidential support is available through the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) or RAINN.org.