Hell yeah, two more leaks off the new Intuition project. I have a feeling Pigeons and Planes readers are going to like this. The idea of Intuition going in over the likes of Grizzly Bear, Portishead, The Black Keys, etc. instead of just ripping the latest Drake instrumental is perfect for fuckers like me (and you?). Maybe you. But definitely me. Intuition is in heavy rotation for me lately.
The first is a song by The Black Keys called “Psychotic Girl.” The other is a classic Portishead track called “Humming.” I barely had to rearrange these songs at all, as they just had perfect 16 bar spots to rap on in them originally. Both of these songs knock in the car, and when I conceived the concept for this project these two songs instantly came to mind. “Psychotic Girl” was easy to draw inspiration from, as we’ve all had a psycho lady in our lives, and “Humming” is my interpretation of the song as a sordid one night stand between two former lovers.
The Black Keys – Psychotic Girl ft. Intuition
Portishead – Humming ft. Intuition
(Soulful) Side A
1) Amy Winehouse – He Can Only Hold Her feat. Intuition
2) Mayer Hawthorne – Make Her Mine feat. Intuition
3) Raphael Saadiq – 100 Yard Dash feat. Intuition
4) D’Angelo – Brown Sugar feat. Intuition
5) Lee Fields & the Expressions – Love Comes And Goes feat. Intuition
Side B (gets a little weirder)
6) Ms. Dynamite – Dy-Na-Mi-Tee feat. Intuition
7) Portishead – Humming feat. Intuition
8) Atlas Sound (w/Noah Lennox) – Walkabout feat. Intuition
9) Low – Breaker feat. Intuition
10) The Black Keys – Psychotic Girl feat. Intuition
11) Grizzly Bear – Two Weeks feat. Intuition
Sidenote: I realize the 8 with the ) next to it automatically turned into a smiley face with shades on. I kind of liked it though.