Trey Songz Arrested for Destroying Stage After Microphone Gets Shut Off During Concert in Detroit

Trey Songz was arrested in Detroit on Wednesday night for destroying a concert stage after his microphone was shut off during a show.

Not Available Lead
Complex Original

Image via Complex Original

Not Available Lead

Trey Songz was arrested at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit on Wednesday night after he allegedly destroyed concert equipment at the end of a performance. The rapper was later charged with aggravated assault and assaulting a police officer causing injury, according to CNN. He was arraigned on Thursday with a bond set at $25,000. His next court date is scheduled for Jan. 5, 2017.

The R&B singer reportedly became belligerent and started throwing microphones and other pieces of equipment after his mic was cut off in the middle of his show when he went over his allotted performance time.

View this video on YouTube

A video released by So Sincere Entertainment a short time after Songz’ arrest shows the 32-year-old singer—real name Tremaine Neverson—talking about how his mic was going to be disabled if he didn’t wrap up his performance during the "Big Show at the Joe" concert, which featured performances from Songz as well as Chris Brown, Desiigner, Lil Yachty, and more. The video also shows Songz threatening to go "crazy" if he was forced to leave the stage.

"If they cut me off, remember it and text whoever you want to and tweet whoever you want to and tell everybody about it," he said. "Because a n*gga cut me off, I’m going the f*ck crazy."

And that’s apparently what he did. Another video was released after the end of Songz’ set that shows him picking up several pieces of equipment and tossing them around on the stage.

According to Fox 2 Detroit, Detroit police officers reportedly rushed the stage after they saw Songz throwing equipment in an attempt to calm him down. But at some point during the chaos, a Detroit Police sergeant was reportedly hit in the head with a microphone that was allegedly thrown by Songz, and he suffered a concussion as a result of it. Songz was then placed under arrest and charged with malicious destruction of property and resisting and obstructing arrest.

Songz was held at the Detroit Detention Center following his arrest. He has not yet released a statement regarding the incident. However, WXYZ Detroit's Matthew Smith shared Songz's official mugshot. "That means he could post bond today," he captioned the photo.

NEW: Official mugshot of @TreySongz -- arraignment is wrapped. That means he could post bond today.

Latest in Music