The following story contains a graphic image of a scarred lung.
A Florida teenager is urging people to stay away from Juuls after one of his lungs collapsed.
Chance Ammirata shared images on Twitter that he says are pictures of his own collapsed lung and encouraged other people who regularly use the small vaporizers to consider quitting. Ammirata told the Daily Mail that it took seven surgeons to reinflate his collapsed lung. He also claimed that a surgeon told him about scarring on his lungs, which is visible in the photos he shared.
"Seven surgeons came in, and it's scary when you see seven surgeons come in. You think they're going to tell you you have like five days to live," he told the outlet. "When they did the actual major surgery to reinflate my lungs, the surgeon said, 'whatever you've been smoking has been leaving these black dots on your lungs.'"
Ammirata said that short of the terrifying incident, he would have continued to Juul. He noted that he doesn't smoke and can see no other cause for the significant damage to his lungs.
"And I don't think anyone could have said anything to make me stop. But your lungs most likely look like this too if you've been smoking," he said. "Don't let it get worse. Please stop. Like really please, it's so fucking scary."
Take a look at Ammirata's warning below.