Six people—some of whom are billionaires—who President-elect Donald Trump has appointed to his cabinet were donors, and altogether contributed almost $12 million to Trump’s campaign and the GOP, reported the Washington Post. Trump’s administration will be the wealthiest in recent history. Linda McMahon, WWE co-founder who was just named head of the Small Business Administration, donated $7.5 million by herself.
The Post’s report was based on federal campaign filings. Its publication followed reports that Trump is planning to hire Goldman Sachs president Gary Cohn as director of the National Economic Council. Trump, in case you forgot during the long campaign, spoke ill of Goldman Sachs, especially when it came to Hillary Clinton’s paid speeches to the company.
What follows is a brief introduction of the six cabinet members and just how generous they were to Trump’s campaign and the GOP.
- Linda McMahon, who helped co-found the WWE with husband Vince McMahon, will lead the Small Business Administration. Linda donated $7.5 million to the Trump campaign, pro-Trump super PACs, and the GOP party.
- Andrew Puzder, CEO of Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr., has been picked as Labor secretary. Puzder was one of Trump’s top fundraisers in California on the Trump Victory committee. Puzder and his wife donated $332,200.
- Billionaire and philanthropist Betsy DeVos has been tapped as Education secretary. The DeVos family gave $317,000 to the Republican National Committee as well as other contributions to the Trump campaign making for a $1.8 million total.
- Former Goldman Sachs executive Steven Mnuchin was chosen for Treasury secretary. He previously served as Trump’s national finance chairman helping organize campaign fundraisers. Mnuchin donated $425,000 to the campaign and party.
- Chicago Cubs co-owner Todd Ricketts is the only member on this list who didn’t spend the big money himself. Todd’s parents, including Joe Ricketts, founder of TD Ameritrade, donated $1 million to a Trump super PAC and gave $343,000 to the Trump campaign and the GOP. Todd has been appointed Deputy Commerce secretary.
- Billionaire investor Wilbur Ross donated $200,000 to Trump’s campaign in addition to hosting a fundraiser at his home for Trump. Ross has been selected as the Commerce secretary.