The 38-year-old comedian will reportedly conduct a lengthy phone interview with authorities on Monday, just days after he issued a public apology amid new cheating rumors. Sources said the phone call will mark Hart’s second conversation with authorities; however, this time, he’s revealing everything he knows about the sketchy situation.
As we previously reported, the FBI is investigating an alleged blackmail attempt that involves a sexually suggestive video of Hart and a woman who isn’t his wife. Sources told TMZ someone had contacted Hart’s team about the video and demanded millions of dollars to keep it from going public.
"Someone tried to set Kevin up in a failed extortion attempt," a rep for Hart said. "As law enforcement is involved, we cannot comment further as it could affect the investigation."
Authorities have identified the woman in the footage though she claims she knew nothing about the video or blackmail efforts. The woman reportedly offered to take a lie detector test on the condition she be paid six figures. According to TMZ, Hart’s legal team rejected the offer.
Hart is married to Eniko Parrish, who is pregnant with their first child together. Hart addressed the situation and the effect it's had on his family in an Instagram video posted over the weekend, saying "I'm at a place in my life where I feel like I have a target on my back and because of that I should make smart decisions, and recently I didn't […] I made a bad error in judgment and put myself in an environment where only bad things can happen, and they did. And doing that I know that I am going to hurt the people I'm closest to, who I've talked to and apologized to, being my wife and my kids."