ComplexCon returns to Long Beach Nov. 6 - 7 with hosts J. Balvin and Kristen Noel Crawley, performances by A$AP Rocky and Turnstile, and more shopping and drops.
Secure your spot while tickets last!
Porsche has been accused of engineering a "cover-up" after a lawsuit was filed by Paul Walker's daughter, according to court documents obtained by the New York Daily News. Paperwork filed earlier this week shows that Meadow Walker alleged Porsche Cars of North America had "improperly redacted" information from emails and other documents. Those documents, the Daily News said, were at the center of Meadow's wrongful death claim.
After switching computers, Meadow's attorney learned that Porsche had allegedly been attempting to conceal a discussion regarding the number of totaled Carrera GT vehicles (200 out of 1,280) during the model's first two years of production. Specifically, one alleged email from an unnamed Porsche manager stated that crashes were "great news" for owners as the GT would now become "more rare."
Meadow's attorney, Jeffrey L. Milam, told the Wrap in a statement that the newly discovered documents show that Porsche was aware of the dangers of the GT. "We have learned that Porsche has hidden damaging evidence [showing] it knew its Carrera GT—the car that killed Paul Walker—was dangerous and unsafe," Milam said. "Porsche concealed this information from the public to protect its image and brand." The filing says this alleged "misconduct" should warrant a default judgment and $52,732 in sanctions.
In April 2016, a California court ruled in a separate suit that Porsche was "not to blame" for the 2013 crash that took the life of Walker and Roger Rodas. "Plaintiff has provided no competent evidence that Rodas's death occurred as a result of any wrongdoing on the part of defendant," U.S. district judge Philip S. Gutierrez wrote in a judgment at the time, the Guardian reported.