A seven-year-old girl in Darien, Conn. got an unwelcome surprise when she bit into a chocolate chip cookie her mother bought her from Panera Bread, discovering a rusty, two-inch nail inside of it. Luckily, the Nov. 25 incident left the little girl uninjured, as local law enforcement said the nail "lacked a sharp point."

Panera immediately yanked all cookies from their shelves and investigators learned that the frozen cookie dough the chain uses is shipped by a distributor, then baked. There's no evidence to suggest that the nail was placed in that cookie intentionally, and there are no other reports of similar instances. 

Inspect every cookieno matter where it's fromlong and hard before eating it moving forward.

[via Gothamist]