10. Use Your Own Fonts
Granted, the fonts that come with iMovie aren't bad, or unsightly—they're actually quite nice and clear, pretty good for on-screen text. However, if you want to personalize your flick by using fonts not found in the program, you can do that as well. Just make sure it's legible.
- Pick the style you would like to use and drag it to your timeline and place it over the clip.
- Write in your desired text.
- You will see a button to the top left called “Show Fonts”. Click it.
- A window will pop up showing the 10 or so fonts that come standard with iMovie. At the bottom left, you will see a button called “System Font Panel.” Click it.
- The window will change into a System Font Library, which will show you all the fonts you have on your computer.