The U.S. Navy said Friday morning that Naval Air Station Pensacola had been placed on lockdown after reports of an active shooter situation.

"We are aware of reports of a possible active shooter at Naval Air Station Pensacola," a rep said, later confirming the lockdown of the base. According to NBC News, multiple people had been transported to nearby hospitals in connection with the incident. The shooter, per the report, has since been killed.

"[We] can confirm there is no longer an active shooter on NAS Pensacola," an Escambia County Sheriff's Office rep said in a Facebook statement Friday morning. "The shooter is confirmed dead."

Reports of a shooting started coming in around 6:30 a.m. local time. Later, the U.S. Navy confirmed via Twitter that the shooter was dead. One additional fatality was also confirmed. Hospital reps in the area, meanwhile, had reported "at least" 11 hospitalizations in connection with the shooting.

Naval Air Station Pensacola, AP notes, is the site of the Blue Angels flight demo team and the regionally popular National Naval Aviation Museum.

Earlier this week, a shooting at the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard left two people dead, with the gunman fatally shooting himself. The shooter, later identified as 22-year-old G. Romero, opened fire on civilian employees with an M4 service rifle before using an M9 service pistol to shoot himself.