While toasting on her 18th birthday, Gabby Scanlon drank a cocktail that was spiked with liquid nitrogen, necessetating the removal of part of her stomach. Scalon was celebrating at Oscar's Wine Bar in Lancaster when she ordered the drink containing liquid nitrogen, which can cause serious damage to human tissue if ingested. At room temperature, it turns into gas, which creates a fog-like effect that's reportedly safe to inhale.

Scanlon drank two nitrogen and Jagermeister mixed drinks, and while others consumed them as well, Scanlon was the only person to got sick. After being rushed to Lancaster Royal Infirmary, doctors performed surgery to repair her stomach, which was described as "perforated." Sounds painful. Since the incident, Oscar's has stopped serving the drink.

[via NY Daily News]