A New York teacher whose sex-rated online chat was allegedly hacked by students slammed the school for failing to punish its students. Earlier this year there was a similar case where a student stole a nude photo from a teacher's phone, shared it on social media, but wasn't penalized by the school before the teacher was.

According to the New York Post, Angela Costa, a social studies teacher at the Urban Action Academy in Canarsie, Brooklyn, had her Facebook hacked. Her private messages were then screengrabbed and photocopied.

The R-rated messages were between Costa and her ex-boyfriend, and in them she thanked him for giving her "a couple of orgasms." Photocopies of the steamy conversation were dropped by students and spread throughout the whole building on June 13. In fact, sources told the New York Post there's a video of students dumping the photocopies in the third-floor hallway.

"I was mortified," Costa told the New York Post. "I felt helpless and victimized."

The New York Post reported the school didn't alert the Department of Education to the incident until June 17. Days later, Costa went to the police about the incident that she said police called an "aggravated harassment" case.

As if being publicly humiliated wasn't enough, Costa said she received harassing emails after the incident.

Costa said she doesn't "feel safe in the building" in a letter she wrote to her union representative asking to be transferred someone where "harassment/bullying is not tolerated," the New York Post reported.

"The very fact that it took five days for the school to report the incident, and knowing they never interviewed any staff or students and did not conduct a proper investigation, makes me fearful to return to work because my own administration and deans are not there to protect me," Costa said.

Costa says she doesn't remember using social media on the school's computer, and it's believed the hack was made possible after three students were caught stealing her cellphone last fall.

"The school has taken steps to address this situation, and we're continuing to review the matter," the Department of Education said.