In a freak accident, a man was hospitalized in Midtown Manhattan this afternoon after being struck in the head by a falling piece of ice.
A witness told the New York Post that the man, a jewelry shop employee, was hit by a piece of ice that fell from above around 1:30 p.m. What's more, the man had been warning others to be wary of the ice. "I heard the sound of glass breaking and a voice yelling, ‘Somebody help!" Angela Ragouzeos explained. "He had to sit down because of shock. The blow was hard. It’s scary… I thought someone had thrown a bottle at him."
Even with the injury, the man still showed his concern for others: "‘I’m glad it happened to me and not a little old lady;'" he reportedly said.