If it's not clear by now that no matter what city you're in, the Police are the biggest gang in the land, then you must live in a cave in Minnesota. Forget the Bloods, Crips, Latin Kings, Black Mafia Family, or whichever gang is in vogue at the moment'none of them have anything on the Police. Which sucks because they abuse their power way more than any of the aforementioned gangs. Take for instance, the latest example of police brutality.
On New Years day, 22-year-old Oscar Grant was apprehended after a report that there was a fight on a BART train. After being handcuffed and told to lie on the ground, officer Johannes Mehserle put his knee into Grant's back, pulled out his gun and fatally shot him. Luckily, it was videotaped by another BART rider and spread all over the 'Net. Although there's now rioting going on in the streets of Oakland, it won't stop the cops from wildin' out. That's what they do. Don't believe us? Take a look at 10 of the most extreme cases of police brutality...
SEAN BELL MURDERED IN HAIL OF 50 BULLETS
• Date: November 25th, 2006
• Location: Jamaica, New York
• Incident: Sean Bell, along along with two friends, was leaving his bachelor party at a local strip club when five cops rolled up without badges and let loose 50 bullets. Sean Bell was mortally wounded while his friends were severely injured.
• Presumable Reason: We assume they were letting off some blue ball steam after the male prostitutes they were trying to blackmail into sex turned 'em down.
RODNEY KING GETS BEAT DOWN ON THE HIGHWAY
• Date: March 2, 1991
• Location: Foothill Freeway, California
• Incident: After watching a football game at a friend's house, King was flying down the Freeway drunk, with two friends in tow. After leading a LAPD squad car on a chase, he pulled over and proceeded to get tasered and stomped into submission.
• Presumable Reason: Officers Tim and Melanie Singer, a husband a wife team, considered police brutality an aphrodisiac.
AMADAOU DIALLO SHOT OVER WALLET
• Date: February 4, 1999
• Location: New York, New York
• Incident: While standing outside his building, four plainclothes approached Diallo under the belief that he was a serial rapist. Diallo reached into his jacket to pull out his wallet, which was mistaken for a gun, and was shot 19 times.
• Presumable Reason: Didn't have the time nor the tools for a proper ass raping.
ABNER LOUIMA SEXUALLY ASSAULTED AND SODOMIZED
• Date: August 9, 1997
• Location: East Flatbush, New York
• Incident: After being arrested for allegedly sucker punching an officer, Louima was brutalized on the way to the 70th Precinct station house in Brooklyn. Once there he was brought into the bathroom, handcuffed, stripped and had his testicles grabbed and pulled by Officer Justin Volpe and then sodimized with a broomstick to the point where his colon and bladder were severely damaged.
• Presumable Reason: The NYPD implemented a secret Sodomy Saturday clause.
MICHAEL MINEO AND THE SUBWAY SODOMY
• Date: October 15, 2008
• Location: Lefferts Gardens, New York
• Incident: Thought to be smoking an L in the subway, officers chased Mineo onto the Prospect Park station platform cuffed him, gave him a summons and let him go. But according to Mineo, as he was handcuffed they pushed onto the floor, pulled his pants down and sodomized him with a police radio.
• Presumable Reason: The arresting officers felt disrespected when they saw Mineo blowin' an L without offering them some.... And the NYPD just can't turn down a chance for some good ol' fashion sodomy.
12 YEAR OLD GIRL MISTAKEN FOR PROSTITUTE
• Date: August 22, 2006
• Location: Galveston, Texas
• Incident: When the breaker in the Milburn house went out, 12 year old Dymond Milburn, was sent outside to flip the switch. As she approached the breaker box a blue van rolled up and three plain-clothed officers who had been called to the area regarding three white prostitutes, hopped out and screamed, "You're a prostitute. You're coming with me." As she held on to a tree screaming for her father to help her, Milburn was gagged and beat in her face and throat.
• Presumable Reason: We honestly have no idea.
PHILADELPHIA POLICE JUMP AND STOMP SUSPECT
• Date: May, 2007
• Location: Philadephia, Pennsylvania
• Incident: Allegedly fleeing a triple shooting, three men were stopped by about a dozen Philadelphia police officers, dragged out of their car and preceded to get stomped and punched out.
• Presumable Reason: Have you been to North Philly? This seems to be normal on the job conduct for the PPD.
WEST PALM BEACH BRUTALITY
• Date: May, 2008
• Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
• Incident: 42-year-old Pablo Valenzuela was apprehended after allegedly sticking up a convenience story for oxycotton. After resisting arrest Valenzuela was brought to the ground and kicked a number of times before punched in the face and throat when they tried to walk him to the car.
• Presumable Reason: To be fair, they got dude on camera robbing a convenience store. He also allegedly pepper sprayed the cops when they came to get him. Smarten up, Pab.
DON'T TASE ME BRO!
• Date: September 17, 2007
• Location: University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida
• Incident: University of Florida student Andrew William Meyer, demanded to be able to ask John Kerry a question. When his request was granted he asked Kerry about his '04 Presidential concession, his support of Bush and his involvement in Yale's Skull & Bones society. His mic was promptly cut off after a minute and 20 seconds and he was dragged out by campus cops while being tasered to the floor.
• Presumable Reason: Again, to be fair, the kid was mad annoying.
CLEVELAND BROWN ASSAULTED BY POLICE TRUCK
• Date: Season 3
• Location: Quahog, Rhode Island
• Incident: Looking to join in on the fun, Family Guy's token black guy tries out Joe's new police truck features, when it turns on him, plants a gun on him and beats him to the ground.
• Presumable Reason: Joe didn't take the truck off NYPD/LAPD mode.