UPDATED April 2, 3:30 p.m. ET: David Blaine has denied the sexual assault allegations against him via a spokesperson. He also said he plans to cooperate with the investigation into sexual assault claims against him. 

“David denies the accusations that have been reported and he takes these allegations seriously,” spokeswoman Jill Fritzo said, per Page Six. “He intends to cooperate with any investigation.”

See original story below.

On Monday the NYPD confirmed that magician David Blaine was under investigation following accusations that he had sexually assaulted at least two women. NYPD Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea stated as much in a press conference when he said that the Special Victims Unit had "an active investigation" into the allegations against Blaine. Blaine hasn't been charged, and he told The Daily Beast that he hasn't been contacted by police. During that same press conference officials declined to reveal whether they were looking to interview him or not.

The Daily Beast reports that detectives have collected statements from a pair of women, though one of the alleged incidents may have exceeded the statute of limitations. One woman says Blaine sexually assaulted her in 1998 in her Manhattan apartment.

“The NYPD takes sexual assault and rape cases extremely seriously,” said Chief Spokesman Phil Walzak via a statement, “and urges anyone who has been a victim to file a report so we can perform a comprehensive investigation, and offer support and services to survivors.”

Previously The Daily Beast also reported that in October 2017, Blaine was asked to travel to London to be interviewed over accusations that he had raped model Natasha Prince at her home in 2004. Through his lawyer Blaine vehemently denied those claims and stated he'd cooperate with investigators. In September 2018 it was announced that he wouldn't face charges.