BRAND: Noir Basic
FOUNDED BY: Marc Leblond, Romain Bernardini & Antony Lellouche
HOME BASE: Paris
WHY WE CO-SIGN: If you can't distinguish the lines between hot or not, our best advice is to stick with the classics. Stick with the timeless pieces that won't go out of style just because a bunch of cool kids decide that it's now lame. To dodge the hot-to-not cycle, there are certain brands you can trust to deliver goods that have staying power. One of them is the french brand Noir Basic
How does a streetwear brand stay afloat in the land of couture? By taking cue's from Japan's streetwear scene and mixing in craftsmanship and luxe materials like silk, washed lamb, stingray leather, alligator and sterling silver in a way that only french fashion culture can teach. All that produces some of the best leather jackets, varsity jackets, and blazers in the game. Only available at select retailers in the US, these pieces are well worth the search and the price tag. But you might wanna sign your wallet up with the nearest gym, just in case.
Keep reading to see co-founder Marc Leblond's five winter essentials as well as some pics of Noir Basic's Spring '10 collection...
Marc Leblond's 5 Winter Essentials
1. Rocky Mountain down vest (Click here to Buy It Now at Oki-Ni, $615)
2. Khiel's Lip Balm (Click here to Buy It Now at Khiel's, $7)
3. 45 RPM scarf (Click here to Buy It Now at 45 RPM, $186)
4. Causse Rider Gloves ((Available at My Prestigium)
5. Noir Basic G1 Flight Jacket (Available at Noir Basic)
WHERE TO FIND IT: Oki-Ni, Paris Texas
• CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE COMPLEX STYLE POSTS!