While the city of New York called for the cancellation of Day 3 of the Electric Zoo due to "health risks," the speculation had always been that the two deaths (and multiple hospitalizations) were caused by molly overdosing. This week, the medical examiner's office confirmed that the two deaths were due to a combination of overdoses and hypothermia. Coincidentally, this is the same week where Rolling Stone printed their discussion with Major Lazer regarding what needs to happen in regards to drug use at raves, with Jillionaire saying it best: "we need to teach kids how to do drugs, the same way we teach them about drinking responsibly and having safe sex," something that DAD writer Nappy spoke on a few weeks back. Whatever the case may be, the watchdogs are out now, and we're wondering how the next couple of big-name raves and festivals will approach the issue of drug use.
Stay connected with complex Music