After a second inquest into the death of British soul singer Amy Winehouse was performed, a coroner in London revealed Tuesday that "death by misadventure" was the cause of Winehouse's passing.
The recorded verdict said that Winehouse died in her London home in July 2011 as a result of alcohol toxicity after a couple of weeks of abstinence.
The Grammy Award-winning vocalist had attempted to kick her habits of alcohol and drugs and was succeeding for a period of time. Winehouse, however was found dead with numerous empty vodka bottles scattered around her body, which had a blood-alcohol level five times the legal driving limit and also above a level that can prove deadly.
The original verdict in her death was thrown out because the first coroner was found to lack the proper credentials. The second inquest began last month.
[via USA Today]