By now, we've all heard of Supreme's newest collaboration with NY designer, Adam Kimmel. We're sure there were tons of ooh's and ahh's at the tailored suits, but do you really know who Adam Kimmel is? Dude is a sartorial genius in our book. Not everyone may be too familiar with him, so we decided to round up some other sick collaborations that have his name attached to it, along with some other information on the designer. Check out the 6 Things You Should Know About Adam Kimmel...
- Last fall, he designed T-shirts for Barney's New York with artist George Condo (the guy responsible for Kanye's MBDTF artwork). If you didn't cop, you missed out.
- He's married to the extremely sexy actress, Leelee Sobieski. Joan of Arc? Yeah, her.
- Before number 1 above, Kimmel and Condo teamed up for the designer’s Fall/Winter 2010 collection. It was named one of our Top 10 Most Interesting Artist Collaborations of 2010.
- This collab shit isn't new to the kid. Back in '08, he teamed up with Parisian retailer colette and GAP on a jersey-knit tie. Swag!
- French optical company, Selima snagged Kimmel on a range of sunglasses. If you missed this one, you can still purchase "The Eagle Eye" frames at Tres Bien Shop.
- Snoop Dogg was the inspiration for Adam Kimmel's Spring/Summer 2011 collection. The man said it himself, “American heroes are abundant these days, but one of the most original artists of the last 30 years is Snoop Dogg. He has single-handedly reshaped the English language and created a personal style that is its own animal. For my 2011 Spring Summer collection, I decided to go Doggy style. It’s Compton via Italy”.
- [Bonus!] Did we mention he wifed up Leelee Sobieski? Oh, ok. Chick is baaaaad.
You might want to bookmark this, so you'll be better equipped to challenge your stylish cohorts while out for drinks next time. Thank us later.