Chris Brown hit the apology circuit last night, appearing on Larry King to offer his side of the story ("I still love her, I just can't be with someone who runs into my hand all the time.") Of course we don't really care about mea culpas (you-a can culpa our nuts if you want though), we're more interested in dude's baby blue sweater and bow tie combo. And apparently so is the internet, since #chrisbrownsbowtie has had Trending Topics on Twitter going nuts.
Stylin' or wildin'? We can't really say, but we do know CB's neckwear choice is just the latest in the long history of memorable bow ties. Take a look back at a few classic examples, as judged by our patented Louis Farrakhan rating system (because he's the master of the bow tie, obviously). Bow down to the kings, suckas!
ALFALFA, CIRCA 1938
• Alf rocks the BT just fine (we dig the suspenders even more), but loses major, major, major points for using Cameron Diaz's There's Something About Mary hair gel.
KANYE WEST, 2009
• Yes, a snappy BT is an official part of the gay fish uniform.
DAVID BECKHAM, 2008
• "I'll have the filet, and for the lady, the lobster bisque with... Oh, I'm sorry, you're not our waiter?"
JOHN LEGEND, 2008
• Don'tcha hate it when you got some place fancy to be and you don't know how to tie your tie? We used to have that problem, but no more.
TAKASHI MURAKAMI, 2008
• The dude that designed 'Ye's Graduation cover clearly influences Mr. West in more ways than one.
PEE WEE HERMAN, CIRCA 1988
• If you find yourself without tissue paper in the porn theater, then yes, your bow tie can be used for "clean up," but you're not allowed to wear the thing ever again. Like, ever, ever.
SENATOR PAUL SIMON
• An eloquent voice for liberal values for decades who was totally ignored 'cause he wore a silly tie. Well, either that or 'cause half of America thinks his successor as Illinois's U.S. Senator is a Muslim.
PLAYBOY BUNNIES, CIRCA 2000
• Harder to unfasten than bras, thankfully though, you don't have to take 'em off.
OSCAR WILDE, CIRCA 1892
• Taz, don't get any ideas.
ELIJAH MUHAMMAD, CIRCA 1958
• White people=fiendish devils. White ties=stylish accessories.
RELATED: How To Tie A Bow Tie (VIDEO)