Capsule Paris is a new international menswear tradeshow started by the BPMW agency. In its second season in Paris, (Capsule) came with an exciting roster of brands. Many exclusive, hard to find Swedish and UK brands were present as well as some Complex classics including Common Projects, Wings + Horns and WoodWood. Not to mention it was held in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, while the Paris Men's collections were showing all around the city.
If you weren't lucky enough to be there, s'all good'we got you covered. Read on to see our 6 favorite collections from the show...
april 77 (FRANCE)
• Started in 2002, this brand is a mix of designers' passions'rock n' roll + denim. They expanded into two lines 'Records' + April 77, collections that range from basic leathers and stretch denim to luxury wovens and knits paired with vintage denim.
• Sold at some of the finer stores in the US, this footwear brand continues to produce classic staples with a stylistic twist. The Fall '09 Swiss inspired mountain boots are something to save up for.
COLLECTION BY CREATIVE RECREATION (USA)
• Diffusion brand of one of 'Plex favorites, Creative Recreation. Collection is a more stylish sneaker silhouette created with lux Italian leathers. First delivery at Barneys already sold out. Don't sleep.
• Besides carrying the eponymous collection, they also stock hard-to-find Japanese collections like Mountain Research. Next fall's collection includes color block parka jackets and twill 'workwear' inspired trousers.
GITMAN VINTAGE (USA)
• This re-invented shirt brand hails from the early '70s, and combines the utility of vintage fabrics with fresh new design concepts. This is just a collection of tops, but if you're into your shirt game, this is a company you need to be up on.
NOM DE GUERRE
• This brand continues to impress season after season. Although the price point is crazy high, you get top quality gear, something that might of been passed down from your grandfather (if he were European and in the military...) The Collection was in hues of greys, taupes, and navy. Heavy knit sweaters and pre-wrinkled button downs paired and indigo fleece were our favorites.