Congratulations are in order for Kevin Durant and Monica Wright. Recently, KD popped the question to the WNBA player and—no surprise here—she accepted his proposal. She confirmed that she will be marrying the Thunder forward after a game against the Phoenix Mercury last night.
We have to admit, though: We're not really up on Miss Wright. Actually, outside of the fact that she shares a first and last name with the lead character from the movie Love & Basketball, we don't really know anything about her. And we're betting that you don't either. So in order to bring you up to speed, we put together a short fact sheet on Wright below and (more importantly!) gathered a bunch of photos of her in the thumbs gallery above. Go ahead and get familiar:
- Wright plays for the Minnesota Lynx. She's been with the team since they selected her second overall in the 2010 WNBA Draft after she played college ball at the University of Virginia.
- Wright first met Durant back at the 2006 McDonald's All-American Game.
- Wright was named the Gatorade Virginia Player of the Year in 2006.
- Last season, Wright averaged 8.6 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 1.9 assists for the Lynx.
- In addition to playing for Minnesota, Wright also spent last year playing for the Dandenong Rangers in the Australian WNBL.
- Wright regularly posts Bible verses on her Twitter page. She's also part of an WNBA prayer group.
- Wright hopes to attend law school one day.
Nice catch, Kev. Congrats again.