Volkswagen, in its somewhat unsettling quest to conquer the world, is planning to land a few new models upon our shores. We are very excited about a few of these:
- 2013 - The tiny, futuristic, 235mpg XL1 will go on sale world-wide.
- 2014 - A new "American sized" Tiguan will debut. Yeah... we know we're fat.
- 2014 - An all new three-row crossover will debut.
- 2014 or 2015 - The Microbus inspired Bulli will show up, but probably with three rows of seats.
- 2015 - The Bentley for Audi prices with a VW badge, the Phaeton, will return.
- 2015 - Expect to see a plug-in hybrid Golf.
- 2016 - At long last we get our hands on the sexy Scirocco.
While the Phaeton was never a hot seller, we've missed the W12 powered luxury sedan that most people thought was a Passat. It may have been the ultimate Q-car. Also, we' not sure how we missed it here, but the Scirocco is certainly one of the foreign cars we pine for the most.
[via Auto News (Subscription Required)]