'Bow knows this, and 'bow knows that. Ray Allen introduces his elbow to Anderson Varejao's balls.
It takes balls to play in the NBA. Literally. (We hear women have their own league called the WNBA in which they play something approximating basketball, only it's less exciting.) One of the greatest dangers that exists when you assemble ten behemoths brimming with testosterone to compete on the hardwood is that it will lead to testicle-traumatizing cheap shots. Boston Celtics guard Ray Allen was just suspended one game for a low 'bow he threw at Cleveland Cavaliers forward Anderson Varejao last Sunday.
The extremely fortunate Varejao appears to have saved the lives of his unborn children by catching the elbow with his thighs—either that or his junk is made of leather and steel. Not everyone has been so fortunate. Check out Complex's assemblage of the NBA's most awesome, cringe-inducing low blows, and see if you can prevent your balls from retreating into your stomach...
REGGIE EVANS VS. CHRIS KAMAN'S BALLS
• This is not what coaches mean when they tell players to squeeze the ball tight and secure an offensive rebound.
CLICK NEXT TO SEE VINCE CARTER'S BALLS VS FREDERIC WEIS
VINCE CARTER'S BALLS VS. FREDERIC WEIS
• Representing the land of Freedom Fries and Freeballing, VC bounces his junk off of the Frenchman's forehead and gives new meaning to the term "slam dunk."
CLICK NEXT TO SEE DANNY GRANGER VS ANTAWN JAMISON'S BALLS
DANNY GRANGER VS. ANTAWN JAMISON'S BALLS
• These refs must be blind! How did they not call a kickball?
CLICK NEXT TO SEE BRUCE BOWEN VS STEVE NASH'S BALLS
BRUCE BOWEN VS. STEVE NASH'S BALLS
• The best offense is not a good defense—it's a knee to a defender's bozack.
CLICK NEXT TO SEE ROYAL IVEY VS AARON GRAY'S BALLS
ROYAL IVEY VS. AARON GRAY'S BALLS
• If Gray's balls could speak (and no, we're not entirely positive they can't), we're sure they'd ask for more than a 20-second timeout. At least a full timeout and some attention from the Milwaukee cheerleaders.