Yesterday, it was announced that a game of H-O-R-S-E would be added to the NBA's All-Star Weekend. Our first thought: It's about E-F-F-I-N' time. Sure, the dunk contest is actually kinda dope again and the 3-point shooting competition's "money" balls always make trifey chuckle, but who doesn't love a game of H-O-R-S-E? (We see you, Catherine the Great!)
The participants haven't been announced (as long as it's not Wally Szczerbiak, we're cool with it), but if the L takes cues from these classic equine roundball contests (ayo!), they can't go wrong...
#5. CHARLES BARKLEY vs. JEAN-ROBERT BELLANDE
• Two things here: 1. Sir Charles probably needs to add a "pause" after saying "my horse is different than your horse." 2. Vodka and horse do not mix (just ask Catherine the Great).
CLICK THROUGH TO SEE THE GREATEST GAMES OF H-O-R-S-E INCLUDING BILL WALTON, LEBRON AND MJ/BIRD
#4. PETE MARAVICH vs. GEORGE GERVIN
• Back in the late '70s, CBS ran a series of horse games during halftime of its NBA game coverage. Here, Pistol Pete resorts to a granny shot to give the Iceman a letter, meanwhile Gervin out fundamentals the coach's son with an array of bank shots.
#3. WILL FERRELL vs. BILL WALTON
• Oops! Sorry if we're a little late and your retinas are already torched, but Bill Walton's wearing shorts in this clip and the sight of his naked legs will...torch your retinas.
#2. LeBRON JAMES vs. DAVID KALB
• Yes, that David Kalb, and yes, he wins. Check the full clip with moron videographer here. Side note: What's up with white dudes and the granny shot?
#1. LARRY BIRD vs. MICHAEL JORDAN
• MJ's sweater and the early '90s funk soundtrack to MJ's sweater make this one a classic from jump.