A Florida man told authorities he was sleeping as his daughter hosted a party with over 100 guests that sent five teenagers to the hospital.
The Huffington Post reports that police were called to the Winter Park, Fla. home on Friday night and arrived to find teens fleeing. Steve Miller said he had no idea that there would be alcohol or drugs at the party. "If my daughter told me they were going to have alcohol I wouldn’t have permitted it," he told WFTV, adding that he didn't see any drugs.
"We found five teenagers who appeared to have overdosed on alcohol and we are not sure of what type of drug right now," Orange County Sheriff's Office Lt. Paul Hopkins told WFTV. Five of the teens—including Miller's daughter—between the ages of 15 and 17 were hospitalized; two of them were in critical condition, but they're currently recovering.
Though Hopkins said he wasn't sure what type of drug the teens mixed with alcohol, the Huffington Post said that it was Xanax. No charges have been filed at the moment.
[via The Huffington Post]