Ubisoft is searching for ideas on how where to go with the next Assassin's Creed game and is going directly to the source for answers.
Ubisoft is asking fans and gamers alike to take part in a survey to gain an idea of what the people want to see in the next Assassin's Creed game and going forward.
The survey, which can be found here, suggests Ubisoft is looking to create a new pirate based game that would not be connected to the existing story line.
In particular, Ubisoft is polling gamers to see what they would enjoy seeing or playing the most out of these following options:
- Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period
- More famous historical characters to meet/befriend/fight
- More assassination missions
- More stealth gameplay sequences
- The possibility to influence the look and feel of the city through progression in the game
- Ability to extend the game experience on mobile or tablet
- The possibility to seamlessly enter and explore more buildings and houses
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag was released for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 in late October of this year and made it's next-gen debut coinciding with the launch of Xbox One and Playstation 4. Ubisoft has not confirmed any official future Assassin's Creed games as of yet, but has said their next project will have "much more" of a next-gen feel to it.
Going forward, we can only hope other developers take a page from Ubisoft and ask gamers what they would like to see from future title's. Call us crazy but we have a feeling it could eliminate many problems that come with the launch of major releases.