2K Games really, really wants you to head back to Pandora. Not that Borderlands 2 has any problem with player retention, but this goes above and beyond sweetening the pot.
The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack is available now for digital download on whichever service you get down with. A ton of new perks and bug fixes and most importantly a level cap raise. Read on for the full list of new bells and whistles. The first list is what's coming out today via a system wide update:
- Adds new items to the Black Market:
- One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
- Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
- Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Various bug fixes.
The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack is free for season pass holders or $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points:
- Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
- Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
- Powerful new “Ancient” E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
What do you think? Enough to send you back to Pandora? Let us know if you're feeling this.