If you're hurting for another cheap indie game bundle, you could probably do worse than the Indie Jam Bundle currently available through Bundle Stars. It's not quite as polished as a Humble Bundle, but it does offer ten games (two currently unrevealed) for a similar low price of around $5.
We say it's less polished, though, because unlike in a Humble Bundle, eight of these games only come in Windows format, you don't get any other goodies like soundtracks, and you don't get to name your own price or decide where your money goes. You pay $5.31 (not sure how they arrived at that price) and they take your money, reportedly giving 5 percent to Special Effect, a charity that helps disabled people be able to play games. At least they include Steam codes.
Here are the descriptions for the eight games they've revealed (two more are currently under wraps, to be revealed later:
- Dead Horde is a zombie strategy game that puts players in cities as they try to survive hordes of flesh-eating mutants. Make your way through the city levels as you uncover new challenges to overcome and mutants to destroy.
- Future Wars is a fun, easy to play strategy game that opens up the genre to a wider audience. Dive into the enthralling plot and experience gameplay that’s easy to grasp but hard to master.
- GREED is a hack and slash game set in a futuristic universe where the discovery of interstellar travel has led to a new age of colonisation. Fight your way through robots, aliens and other exotic adversaries as you battle for your survival in a full-scale, futuristic war.
- Grotesque Tactics is an addictive and entertaining game that combines the styles of Western and Asian role playing games. Hire dubious soldiers and rescue jealous maidens as you protect the kingdom from the merciless cult, “The Dark Church”.
- Stellar Impact is an online strategy game that takes place in a sci-fi/space opera universe. Command a space battleship, from the fast corvette to the heavy dreadnought, and experience the demanding but rewarding gameplay based on elaborate manoeuvring, skill and strategy.
- Trapped Dead is a tactical real time strategy game that throws two college boys into the middle of a terrifying horror scenario after a local outbreak of a virus rapidly infects the inhabitants of their idyllic provincial town. Control your characters through a mature zombie survival scenario inspired by the successful horror films of the early 80s, with an option to play in a co-op mode for up to 4 players.
- Twin Sector is a thrilling physics-based action-adventure set in a post-apocalyptic future. Tackle the innumerable puzzles, challenges and enemies that wait in a hostile and threatening futuristic environment as you fight to save mankind!
- Unstoppable Gorg is a lovingly crafted homage to vintage sci-fi films from the 1950s. Take on the Gorg in more than 40 challenging levels of revolutionary tower defence action as you defend the solar system from fearsome aliens by sending satellites into orbit.
So what do you think? We've all gotten so used to the Humble Bundles—are you willing to take a chance on a bundle that operates a little differently?