A 13-month-old baby was taken to the hospital after eating crack cocaine that had been left out in the open by the child's grandmother. The child was rushed to Piedmont Newnan Hospital in Georgia on Saturday by his 17-year-old mother after she noticed the baby looked ill. Doctors discovered cocaine in the child's system, and immediate called the police.

The baby was being watched by his grandmother, 34-year-old Ebony Daniel and her 22-year-old boyfriend Charlie Martin. Warrants were issued for Daniel and Martin earlier this week, and they were formally charged with possession of cocaine, first degree cruelty to children, and reckless conduct. The child's mother was in the home at the time, but police haven't determined her level of responsibility.

The little boy is expected to make a full recovery, but this is the second time in less than a month that a baby has ingested hard drugs due to gross negligence. Do better, adults.

RELATED: The Most Ratchet News Stories of MarchAprilMay and June.

[via The Huffington Post]