A lot of things in life are counter-intuitive. Like how you wake up more tired if you oversleep. Or how Mondays are even more painful than usual when you've spent all weekend doing nothing but eating Cool Ranch Doritos and working on the ass-groove in your recliner. But at least there's one thing that makes perfect sense, and that's the way your day gets a little brighter every time you watch TV...
DRAMA: NURSE JACKIE, SHOWTIME, 10 PM
• House might be our favorite pill-popping doctor, but Nurse Jackie is definitely our favorite pill-snorting nurse. On tonight's Season 2 premiere, Jackie finds herself in hot water after a narcotics shortage is discovered in the hospital.
MOVIE: ENTER THE DRAGON, AMC, 10:45 PM
• We miss the days of Bruce Lee's Kung Fu classics. Nowadays we're forced to settle with Jet Li, or even worse, Jackie Chan. So pay homage to the best who ever did it and get your Tiger Style on tonight with the last of the master's movies.
REALITY: TRUE LIFE: I HAVE A DIGITAL DRAMA, MTV, 10 PM
• We normally steer clear from MTV these days, but sometimes they come through with some relevant programming. Tonight's episode of True Life features people with addictions to sexting and Facebook poking. Let the creeping begin!
DOCUMENTARY: 20 MOST SHOCKING UNSOLVED CRIMES, E!, 9 PM
• While you might never find out who stole your leftover lasagna from the fridge at work, that's nothing compared to the 20 Most Shocking Unsolved Crimes. Tune in tonight as E! recounts everything from the unexplained Tylenol poisonings of 1982 to Jimmy Hoffa's missing body. Although, we still say it's under the end zone at Giants Stadium.
DRAMA: DRAMA, F/X, 10 PM
• Normally Glenn Close + legal drama = fuck outta here for us, but Damages' female-lawyer-with-balls-of-steel thing has us kind of hooked, plus Rose Byrne as Close's protege is just the kind of girl we'd fight against tort reform for. Tonight sees Close and Byrne continuing to unravel the financial misdealings of Bernie Madoff-type Louis Tobin.