Have you heard? For the highly anticipated project Watch the Throne, Kanye and Jay-Z have elected Riccardo Tisci to be the creative director of the artwork for its first single, "H.A.M." Of course a collaboration between 'Ye and Hov is going to be FANCY, so we're not surprised that the two fashion-loving friends chose the designer of Givenchy to lend them that extra flare. Both rappers are known to be fans of Tisci's designs (exhibit A and exhibit B) which means all of you want to be fans, too. Whether you're familiar with his name or not, let us tell you five things you didn't know about Riccardo Tisci...
• Riccardo Tisci went to the prestigious design school, Central Saint Martins in London. Other fashion prodigies such as Alexander McQueen, John Galliano, and Phoebe Philo have also attended the authoritative college.
• He's responsible for designing the menswear, womenswear, haute couture, and accessories for Givenchy and is acclaimed for breathing new life to the design house with his romanticism and dark Gothic touches.
• He says the hip-hop world is similar to his: "The self-confidence, not being scared of anything. I love dodgy people, dodgy situations! The obsession of beauty."
• He has eight sisters. EIGHT SISTERS!
• Tisci has an affinity to using studs and stars in his clothing (Kanye seems to like this too) and you can see how this translated into this album cover.