What Information Do We Collect?
The information we gather from users enables us to personalize and improve our Service. We collect the following types of information from our users.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Service. We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. If you access the Service through an Application, we may also collect your location information if you have selected settings that enable us to collect such information.
Generally, our Service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the Service so that we can improve and make the Service appealing to as many users as possible, and improve. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use the Site and Application. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and our Service, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience.
Sign-In Information Collected:
By creating an account or by signing in for the Service using a Third Party Service (as discussed below), you may provide us certain Personal Information, and you may allow others, including us, to identify you. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Service. You may unsubscribe from certain of these messages through instructions in the emails we send you, but certain communications, such as important information regarding the Service are not subject to unsubscription.
Third Party Services:
As mentioned above, we may allow you to link your accounts to Third Party Services, such as Facebook, Google+ and Twitter ("Third Party Accounts") to the Service. If you elect to link to such Third Party Services, we may collect information related to your use of that Third Party Service, such as access tokens made available by that Third Party Service, and other content or information that is provided to us from that Third Party Service. For example, we may receive additional information about you through that Third Party Service, such as gender, age, education, occupation, hobbies, interests, relationship status, and zip code. Third Party Services may also have the ability to restrict the information that is provided to us. Moreover, we don’t actually store your passwords for those Third Party Accounts. Instead, we just use an authentication token to verify your user name.
We may receive email activity data from your personal email provider. We use this data to understand and enhance our email communications and the Services. If you do not want to receive email from us, you can unsubscribe from specific email communications or all email communications from us by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in any email we send to you. Please note that certain communications, such as important information regarding the Service are not subject to unsubscription.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our Site are visited and by how many people. Our cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your email address is.
Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways.
Third Party Cookies and Web Beacons:
We and our authorized third party partners may use device identification, cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies to deliver more relevant advertising and communications to consumers. This advertising is sometimes called interest-based or online behavioral advertising. Such advertisements are generally targeted and served to particular users (as described in more detail below) and may come from third party companies called "ad networks". Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. We do not provide Personal Information to any ad networks for use outside of the Services.
Interest-based advertisements may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category, may be based on anonymized information inferred from information provided to us by a user (including Personal Information such as gender or age), may be based on usage patterns of particular users on the Services, or may be based on your activity on Third Party Services. Ad networks may set cookies through our Site that enable them to retarget you on other sites.
Will We Share Any of the Information We Receive?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We may share your Personal Information only as described below.
- Internal Use: We use Personal Information to deliver certain aspects of the Service to you, to contact you when necessary, to respond to your inquiries for additional information, to provide you with additional information according to your preferences, and for our other business purposes. Sometimes Personal Information may be used to send you information about services, and forums that are available at the Site or other websites. At your election at any time ("opt-out"), you may choose to stop receiving future communications from us by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in an email we send you.
- Non-Private or Non-Personal Information: We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, with service providers, and other persons with whom we conduct business. These service providers and other persons may also share with us non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: In certain situations, business with whom we become affiliated may sell items or provide promotions to you through the Service. In other situations, we may provide services or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
- Promotional Offers: We may send you offers on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address. If you do not want to receive offers from us, you can unsubscribe from specific email communications or all email communications from us by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in any email we send to you. Please note that certain communications, such as important information regarding the Service are not subject to unsubscription.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
- Protection of Us and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees and third parties who have agreed to be bound by confidentiality restrictions, such as consultants, may be permitted to access Personal Information, and they may do so only for permitted business purposes. In addition, we use SSL encryption in the transmission of your sensitive Personal Information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your Personal Information.
We want you to feel confident using the Service and endeavor to protect your Personal Information we hold in our records. However, no system can be completely secure. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their Personal Information and should avoid sending Personal Information through insecure e-mail.
What Personal Information of Mine Can I Access?
You can change or access your Personal Information directly through the Service or for information maintained by Third Party Services, through that Third Party Service, such as Facebook Connect.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service
What Choices Do I Have?
- You can use many of the features of the Service without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service you may contact us at the email or physical address listed on this Site. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: September 27, 2013