Everyone has a hot take on the D’Angelo Russell/Nick Young situation right now. If you somehow haven’t heard, Russell secretly recorded a video of Young talking about cheating on Iggy Azalea recently—and that video somehow leaked out. As a result, Russell’s teammates have reportedly turned their back on him, and it’s unclear whether or not he’s going to be able to continue his NBA career with the Lakers.
One of the hottest takes on the story comes courtesy of—who else?—Stephen A. Smith. He made his usual appearance on ESPN First Take today and, instead of spending a lot of time talking about his upcoming appearance on General Hospital, he started the show by going offfffff on Russell. Here are just a few of the things he had to say:
- "He’ll never be trusted ever again. This will stay with him for the rest of his career."
- "I am a reporter, and even I don’t want to talk to him."
- "As a man, you don’t do that. Under no circumstances do you infiltrate yourself into somebody else’s business."
- "He’s 20 years old. You’re 13 years old, you know better. You’re 10 years old, you know better. I don’t care how old you are."
- "He is completely untrustworthy, incredibly immature. It was a juvenile punkish move of the highest order."
- "This is one of those situations where the Lakers gotta contemplate trading him. This is one of those situations where his agent needs to contemplate dropping him so he doesn’t lose other clients."
- "You do not do what this man did."
Welp. Check out Stephen A’s entire rant in the clip above.
Send all complaints, compliments, and tips to email@example.com.
[via Next Impulse Sports]