Did you know Kanye West's The College Dropout was actually Shaq Diesel reimagined? Just look at the...Well, forget it. Even some sort of ironic humor is a stretch. But we will say this: As much as Shaquille O'Neal's hip-hop career has been slept on, he does hold achievements that A$AP Rocky, Pusha T, Meek Mill, or many of the better rappers in the game don't have. He has a platinum-selling album in Shaq Diesel and a feature on a Michael Jackson album. The latter of which is sadly and literally impossible to match.
O'Neal is also the last great of a dying breed, and that's not talking about centers either. He's likely going to be the last NBA star to have a commercially respectable rap career. O'Neal definitely isn't a great rapper—dude was saying shit like "I'm hard like a 360 twice jam" and thought nothing of it—but there's some bars that are, dare we say, Kendrick Lamar-esque. Can you differentiate a Shaq line from a "real" rapper's? Prove it below.
1. Macklemore or Shaquille O'Neal: "Mom cracked a smile, Daddy gave a frown/I said to myself, I can't let them down"
2. Common or Shaquille O'Neal: "Reality brings forth realism/It's the man of steel/Organism Twism/I'm full of trisim"
3. Drake or Shaquille O'Neal: "I flow far from mediocre/And if we talking cards I will fold him with the poker'"
4. Eminem or Shaquille O'Neal: "Yo I Gets Busy, packs more Speed than K. Reeves/You best believe, my loot's stacked up like a RuPaul weave"
5. Kanye West or Shaquille O'Neal: "So unusual to be in this position/Everything I say everybody tryna diss ‘em"
6. Pusha T or Shaquille O'Neal: "No D-league, I'm like this close/'88 Jordan, leaping from the free throw"
7. Kendrick Lamar or Shaquille O'Neal: "All these destinations with split second acceleration/It caps enough time to witness you're gone evaporation"
8. A$AP Rocky or Shaquille O'Neal: "I'm coming for your neck, hey, I ain't indirect/They in debt, pay respect, now I'm coming to collect"
9. Meek Mill or Shaquille O'Neal: "In and out the flows, crossing over like I'm dribblin'/Runnin' laps round the raps, I'm tire like Michelin"
10. The Notorious B.I.G or Shaquille O'Neal: "Why they actin' fakin' jacks, you're not a friend of me/I peeped your card, you're not as hard as you pretend to be"
1. Shaquille O'Neal ("I'm Outstanding")
2. Shaquille O'Neal (Michael Jackson's "2 Bad")
3. Drake ("Barry Bonds Freestyle")
4. Shaquille O'Neal ("My Style, My Steelo")
5. Kanye West ("Blue Note NYC Freestyle")
6. Pusha T ("Numbers on the Boards")
7. Shaquille O'Neal ("3x Dope")
8. A$AP Rocky ("In Distress")
9. Meek Mill (Coke Boys 4 Intro)
10. Shaquille O'Neal ("You Can't Stop the Reign" f/ The Notorious B.I.G.)