Carmelo Anthony went from struggle face to King within a couple days. Yes, he did violate the perpetual punchline Bobcats, but how many scored 62 points against them or any NBA team for that matter? Anthony rivaled Durant's 54-point, 65-plus percent game this month by going 23-for-35 from the field with 6-for-11 beyond the arc. Anthony is usually lethal, but this is one of the nights he was efficient as well.
- A 37-point first half (NBA high this season), which was capped off by this buzzer beater:
- 56 points after three quarters
- The franchise record (Bernard King had 60 on Christmas Day 1984)
- The Madison Square Garden record (Kobe Bryant had 61 on Feb. 2, 2009)
- Ties the NBA record for most points in a game without an assist (who else but Bryant on Dec. 20, 2005)
- 62 points is the most by a player with no turnovers since the stat was recorded in the 1977-78 season.
- A win: The Knicks beat the Bobcats 125-96