A college student slipped into a comatose state and nine others were hospitalized early yesterday after ingesting a cake baked with marijuana in Madrid.
The Associated Press reports that the man was unresponsive when first taken to Puerta de Hierro de Majadahonda Hospital, but later regained consciousness. A hospital official confirmed that he entered a comatose state, but refused to offer additional details citing privacy concerns.
It wasn't clear if the man's reaction was a direct result of the cake, but a total of 11 people had reactions to it, ten of whom were hospitalized. City spokesman Javier Chivite said the others were treated for irregular heartbeats.
According to Alfonso X University dean Jose Dominguez de Posada, the students were all male and between the ages of 18 and 22-years-old.
[via Associated Press]