Fresh off the split from his family band, Jonas Brothers, the Taylor Hanson of the trio, Joe Jonas, gave a revealing tell-all to Vulture (also featured in New York mag's December 9 issue). In the article, Jonas, now 24, discusses everything crazy fans and Disney skeptics have always wondered about the group, the House of Mouse machine, and the other mega-stars its churned out.
To say the least, it's a ballsy piece. One that details fan hook-ups, stalker stories, and the break-up of what once was, for however brief a time, the world's biggest boy band. While the entire feature is worth a read, these are the five most fascinating things we learned from Joe Jonas' tell-all.
1. When the Jo-Bros heard that Vanessa Hudgens had been kept in the Disney offices as reps tried to manage her nude photo scandal, the band got back-pats for their purity. This only made them feel more pressure to stay clean.
GIF via FuckYeaJoBros
2. Joe lost his virginity at 20 years old, in case you were still wondering if the Jo-Bros.' purity rings were a sham.
GIF via SicklySkin
3. He felt pressure to stay in a relationship with Demi Lovato because of her personal issues (like drug abuse) as well as the fact that their fans loved them together.
GIF via Teen
4. Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato forced a then-17-or-18-year-old Joe to smoke weed for the first time.
GIF via PerezHilton
5. Joe recorded a solo album with Robert Schwartzman of Rooney that was scrapped because Disney's Hollywood Records thought its "Freddie Mercury vibe" was weird.
GIF via WeHeartIt