Just a brief look at Recycle Culture's Tumblr page reveals a wide-ranging aesthetic. The multifaceted producer has remixed everyone from Andy Stott and Rhye, to Taylor Swift and The xx. The results are equally extensive, ranging from ambient downtempo to menacing electronica.
In this Complex premiere, Recycle Culture takes on How to Dress Well's "& It Was U," switching the original song's stomping percussion with 1990s New Jack Swing. The remix is just as danceable, though a bit more nostalgic. It's Tom Krell meets Teddy Riley, fully orchestrated by a third party. Stream Recycle Culture's Uptown Remix below.
Listen: "& It Was U (Recycle Culture Uptown Remix)"
The producer will tour the U.S. and Canada beginning March 19. Tour dates below.
- 03-19: Washington, DC - U Street Music Hall
- 03-20: New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
- 03-21: Brooklyn, NY - Music Hall of Williamsburg
- 03-23: Philadelphia, PA - Johnny Brenda's
- 03-24: Boston, MA - Brighton Music Hall
- 03-25: Montreal, Quebec - La Salla Rossa
- 03-27: Toronto, Ontario - Wrong Bar
- 03-29: Columbus, OH - Basement
- 03-30: Chicago, IL - Schubas
- 03-31: Madison, WI - The Frequency
- 04-01: Minneapolis, MN - Triple Rock Social Club
- 04-03: Denver, CO - Larimer Lounge
- 04-05: Vancouver, British Columbia - Biltmore Cabaret
- 04-06: Seattle, WA - Barboza
- 04-07: Portland, OR - Mississippi Studios
- 04-09: San Francisco, CA - Rickshaw Stop
- 04-10: Silverlake, CA - Bootleg Theater
LIKE COMPLEX MUSIC ON FACEBOOK