Sneaker obsession is real. Just like any other addictive habit, things start off innocently enough. However, without moderation, things can quickly take on a life of their own. Collecting kicks can release a myriad of emotions within us. So, whether you’re just getting into the game or are a full-blown nerd, take a look at the evolution of a sneaker addiction.
1. Innocence. All addictions start out this way. For sneakerheads, you may have received your first pair from a relative or friend. This was your first taste and you had no idea what was in store.
2. Curiosity. You’ve begun collecting sneakers. Things aren’t so bad, you’ve amassed a few pairs and they make you feel good. You get a magical feeling when you wear your sneakers. They make your feet feel so good, the technology is amazing, and girls who never used to look your way have suddenly started paying attention.
3. Excitement. You’ve started getting into the culture now. You follow all of the sneakerhead celebrities on Instagram and Twitter. Sneaker research is part of your daily routine and you're up on all of the upcoming release dates.
4. Sticker Shock starts to set in. Buying all these shoes is really starting to add up. You really want that rare pair, but the $350 price tag is too high.
5. Obsession. Living on the mantra #YOLO, you go on an online shopping binge. You had to have them. Without you even realizing, your once-fun hobby has now caused you to fall one month behind on your rent.